This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
One of the things I love the most about back to school season is getting back into a routine.. I look forward to getting into that groove and hopefully staying there! With this in mind, I try to look up and plan meals ahead of time and avoid the daily omigodwhatdowedofordinner panic. A long time ago I had one of those panic moments and this tuna casserole dish was born. Since this has now become a family favorite and a perfect fall back-to-school meal, I decided to recreate it again I keep alot of canned goods for precisely that situation because it’s amazing what you can create with some simple canned goods. Cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken acts as a perfect creamy base for a sauce or something to mix your cooked meat with. I purchased a few Clover Valley canned goods from Dollar General: Peas, Carrots, sliced mushrooms, green beans and cream of mushroom soup. Can’t forget the Clover Valley tuna, shredded cheddar cheese, ripple cut potato chips and egg noodles either! Find these products and more at Dollar General
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Boil the egg noodles in a large pot according to the package
- Drain and rinse all the canned goods except for the tuna
- In a separate bowl, combine all the canned goods and mix
- Drain the water from the tuna can and add it in the mix
- Drain pasta & combine with the veggies and tuna mix.
- Mix the ingredients well by folding & pour into a baking dish
- Top with cheese and crumbled potato chips
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes
This recipe made enough for 2 baking dishes, so I decided to freeze one and eat the other. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Click and Discover DG easy meal recipes at Dollar General