Okay.. I think it’s very possible that I’ve landed on one of the most delicious cakes I’ve ever baked! See the above cake? Well… It lasted all of about 36 hours before my husband and I were fighting over the last crumb. Remember that time I mentioned I was pouring over my mom’s old recipes back in the summer? Well, I dusted off this old sour cream coffee cake and tweaked it a little with some nutmeg and substituted Coffee-mate Spiced Latte for milk. I really wanted to use the eggnog flavor, but I don’t think my store had it on the shelves yet. I still think that the Coffee-mate Spiced Latte flavor worked perfectly.
I’m so in love with all the holiday flavors that Coffee-mate puts out in the holiday season! From dark chocolate Fudge, Peppermint Mocha and Eggnog Latte – they are all my favorites! With 25 unique flavors, you are bound to find a few that you can’t live without. Even if you don’t drink coffee, Coffee-mate creamers work beautifully as a flavor enhancer for desserts. It can be smarter choice than milk if you are concerned with the fat content… But this is a holiday dessert – Counting calories is strictly forbidden! See some of the many dessert and coffee recipes that can be made here.
Be aware that this recipe makes a huge amount of batter! I was able to fill both a bundt pan AND a loaf pan, so it’s a great holiday cake to gift because you can make a bunch! Be sure to grease and flour your baking pan well because you don’t want any of it to stick when you flip it on to the cooling rack.
- 1 cup of butter
- 2½ cups of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1¾ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup of Coffee-mate Spiced Latte creamer
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 4 teaspoons of Coffee-mate Spiced Latte creamer
- CAKE BATTER: Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease a bundt pan 10 pan. Cream together the butter & white sugar until light and fluffy, then blend in eggs & vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter, alternating with the sour cream and Coffee-mate creamer to make a smooth batter. Scrape side and make sure there's no clumps settled at the bottom. FILLING: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together and divide the mix into 3 equal parts. Fill the cake pan with ⅓ of batter and layer with ⅓ of the filling mixture. Add in another ⅓ of the cake batter and repeat the same process with the walnut mixture. You will use the leftover mixture to top your cake with before you add the glaze. Bake for 60 minutes or until golden. GLAZE: In a small bowl, combine the butter with confectioner's sugar, gradually add in the Coffee-mate Spiced Latter creamer. Pour over a cooled cake & enjoy!
This is definitely a recipe that’s going straight into my favorites! Follow it up with a nice hot cup of coffee and it’s a small slice of heaven! Which ones are your favorite?
Be sure to check out Nestle Coffee-mate on all their social media channels!
I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, however all content and opinions expressed here are my own.