I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
Holiday baking and gifting it to someone during the holidays is my favorite go-to for last minute gifts. It’s super easy to make, and who can resist home made chocolate fudge? Certainly not me!
I got to dusting off my mom’s old recipes again and decided to try this one that I loved so much growing up. Each year during the holidays (or any other special occasion) my mother would whip up a batch of these for all of us to enjoy. There’s so many great holiday baking ideas to choose from.
- 4-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 stick of Land o Lakes unsalted butter
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 package of semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans (optional)
- Combine in large bowl, the marshmallows, chocolate baking squares and chocolate chips and set aside. In a saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and butter to a gentle boil and reduce heat. Boil for 6-7minutes beating continuously. You will notice the consistency change. Combine with the chocolate mixture and beat well until all is melted. Add nuts and pour into buttered pan. Chill, then cut in squares.
It was starting to smell amazing when I combined it all together and beat it until it became smooth.
Once everything was melted together, it was time to pour it out in a pan. It’s best to use parchment paper to line your pan before filling it because it will make removing it from the pan a whole lot easier.
Then of course, with every blog post comes some delicious looking pics… Here’s a peek at who helped me!
Those chocolate chips slowly dwindled away while I was snapping pics.. Ha! I wonder how that happened? I gotta love the “It wasn’t me” face he has going on!
Be sure to check out Land o Lakes butter to create your favorite holiday recipes!
Try your luck for a chance to win a $250 gift card from Walmart. To enter, please do the following:
1. Follow Land O’Lakes on Pinterest, user: LandoLakesKtchn
2. Enter your email in the form and click “Enter”
3. Pin the image to any of your Pinterest Boards
4. Visit the Holiday Treats Board and share your favorites (the CB socially board!)
1 Winner will be selected at random and they can only enter once!
Contest runs 11/25/13-1/14/14