This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpecialKGoodness #CollectiveBias
It’s the end of January and I’m proud to say that I’m still holding true to my new year’s resolution of changing my habits. Along with making healthy snack choices, I’ve begun a light workout routine to go with it. My local fitness center offers free childcare – so this mama is going to take advantage! If for nothing else, working out has become an escape from the boring same old things we do every day – like equal amounts of peppa pig and playing with toys.
Even when you have a toddler under your wing while out and about, I always pack a bag that contains stuff for both of us. Of course Melody gets the fish crackers, raisins and juice for her snack, but for myself I prefer something with a little more oomph which brings me to my new favorite find from Target – the Special K Caramel Pretzel Cashew bars. I saw them on sale through the cartwheel offer and they are 10% off through Feb. 18th!
When I go to the gym with my daughter, a few small preparations need to happen before we get out the door – like making sure I have everything we need. A well packed gym bag is light enough to fit in a small bag, yet ready for anything!
- Baby Wipes. I cannot express how many times baby wipes saved the day. Make no mistake, baby wipes have 1000 other uses aside from wiping baby butts! They are really refreshing to wipe your face with after sweating it out on the elliptical machine! I also make sure to bring a couple of diaper
- Sippy of water/juice & easy quick snacks – like fish crackers and raisins. My daughter loves these so I always carry a baggie in my purse. It’s especially handy to pull out when she starts getting fussy.
- Water bottle – Just because.
- Ear buds – What’s a workout without listening to some good music on your phone? Ear buds are a must.
- Random kit – You just never know! My son made me small bag meant for such things one year for mother’s day and I still keep it in my bag! I fill mine with breath mints, tampons, OTC pain meds, tissues, hand sanitizer, lip balm, extra hair bands and a small hairbrush.
- A satisfying snack or 2 – I bring a Kellogg’s Special K bar with me. I love me some Caramel Pretzel Cashew!
I really wanted to try the Kellogg’s Special K Nourish® Bites, but sadly my Target was all sold out. Instead, I picked up some chocolate Special K cereal because a bowl of cereal makes a great anytime snack. Next time, I think I’ll try some of the other yummy products I saw like the flatbread sandwiches and the cracker chips.
Get some ideas on how to make your morning better with Kellogg’s Special K at Target!