As a mom, the biggest challenge is to keep the small ones entertained in periods when they have to stay still. I don’t know about you, but for me it feels like mission impossible every time! I have to be prepared with all sorts of items and plans and try to think about any potential situation that might cause a toddler meltdown. We have traveled ALOT and through the years I had to find a ways to keep JP quiet for hours while the plane took us to destination. Here’s some tips that should help on your next big family adventure!
Make no mistake – these 2 are cute, but it’s a whole other can of worms when they’re bored!
1. Make sure to book a flight during the day travel works out best when your child is rested, so it’s best to plan flight times around nap times if at all possible.
2. Opt for a non-stop flight if possible trust me, paying extra is worth it!
Non-stop flights means less time spent traveling, which is always good when you have small family members with you that get tired very fast.
3. Bring small toddler toys such as stacking cups or blocks. Don’t offer all of them at once. Never forget their favorite toys, blankets or lovies. Be sure to have several toys in your arsenal, just in case they get tired of one, to keep their attention focused.
4. Give them low sugar snacks such as dried fruits, raisins and nuts, Healthy snacks are always great, as they act as comfort food and keep their belly full. Low sugar snacks will not cause a crash!
5. Bring disinfectant wipes because at some point during the trip your child will eat and it will be messy. Also, you may want to have some peace of mind when they touch all those parts inside the plane that are touched by so many other people!
6. A hoodie and socks to keep warm because it can sometimes get cold inside an airplane cabin
7. Crayons and activity books are your best friends because it’s another fun and quiet way to keep kids entertained for a good while.
8. Keep them busy with an Android device loaded with the Amazon underground app. Don’t forget some kid sized earphones! The Amazon Underground app is specifically for Android smartphones and is used to download the latest games & apps. It includes many enhanced features and access to content that isn’t available on the Amazon Shopping app OR found on Google Play.
9. If you’re flying with a baby or toddler, have a quick change bag that contains fresh diapers and wipes that you can pull out of your bag easily. It will be a lifesaver when you’re juggling the baby and trying to reach under your seat to get it out when you need it. If you have room, consider bringing a travel changing pad for changing baby in public restrooms
10. Most of all RELAX! You’re on vacation – It’s time to cherish some everlasting memories!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.