This one is an old family favorite – The best and fluffiest chocolate chip muffins. I decided to make these because I came across a large muffin tin this weekend while out shopping, and since I didn’t have a large muffin tin (only the small cupcake kind) I decided to buy the muffin tin and share my old chocolate chip muffin recipe with you.
Yes – this is how I justify buying things, bad I know… Atleast I got the muffin tin for a steal at 4$!
Now on to that yummy recipe.. I won’t keep you waiting…
Oh yeah and FYI for all you bowl and spoon lickers – I’m not sure which is better, the cooked muffin or the batter! Try for yourself 🙂
- 2¾ cups of flour
- 1½ sticks of unsalted butter - melted
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten room temp
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bag of choc. chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line cupcake pan with liners & spray top of pan with cooking spray.
- Wisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, melter butter, buttermilk, vanilla. Add mixture to dry ingredients by folding until all flour is incorporated. Over beating will make muffins tough.
- Fold in chocolate or fruit.
- Fill muffin cup liners & place in the oven. Bake until golden, aprox 20-30 min. Makes 12 large cupcakes